Leading Manufacturer of Luxury Vehicles

Photo: Bentley Bentayga Diesel
Bentley Bentayga Diesel – fuel consumption in l/100 km: 7.9 (combined); CO2 emissions in g/km: 210 (combined); CO2 efficiency class: B

Bentley Motors is the most sought-after luxury car brand in the world. The company’s headquarters in Crewe, United Kingdom, is home to all its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines: Continental, Flying Spur, Bentayga and Mulsanne. The combination of engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology with fine craftsmanship using skills handed down over generations is unique to UK luxury car brands such as Bentley, and is an example of high-value British manufacturing at its best. The company, part of the Volkswagen Group since 1998, currently employs around 4,000 people in Crewe. Bentley delivered 10,100 cars in 2015, the third consecutive year above 10,000. Double-digit growth in Europe, plus strong performance in the UK home market and in North America, helped Bentley maintain its position as the number one luxury car manufacturer in the world.

2015 Highlights

“New Bentley creates 1,000 new jobs
across the UK.”

First Sustainability Brochure Published

In 2015, Bentley published a brochure detailing all the company’s corporate social responsibility measures. Highlights include investments totaling £800 million from 2014 through 2016, the creation of 1,000 new jobs, the installation of solar panels capable of generating up to 40% of the plant’s electricity requirements, and the achievement of zero-to-landfill status.

New Training Centre Opened

Bentley has opened a new, dedicated apprentice training facility at South Cheshire College, Crewe, UK, as part of a new training program for the production and manufacturing sector. The training, in a range of disciplines, uses the dual education system and is based on competence profiles. Around 70% of the course is devoted to in-company training, involving the acquisition of practical knowledge and skills. The remaining 30% is devoted to theoretical study. This is the first dual education program to be offered in the United Kingdom.

Awards

Industrial Excellence Award

In 2015, Bentley became the first British company to win the European Industrial Excellence Award.

Carbon Trust Waste Standard

In the reporting year, Bentley was re-certified under the Carbon Trust Waste Standard.

Top Employer

For the fifth consecutive year, the Top Employers Institute named Bentley one of the United Kingdom’s best employers.

CIPD Annual Awards

Bentley’s BeFit employee health and wellbeing program was highly commended in the CIPD Annual Awards.

North West Automotive Alliance's Community Outreach Award

Also in 2015, Bentley won the North West Automotive Alliance’s Community Outreach Award for the company’s engagement with the local community in the Cheshire region.

Investors in
People

Bentley also holds the Investors in
People Silver accreditation.

FURTHER INFORMATION

 BENTLEY-WEBSITE